An important step in securing mortgage financing is the credit check. As a routine part of the application process, the lender will order a copy of your credit bureau report.
Access Your Credit Report
Because a credit report contains information about you, you have a right to inspect a copy of it. Equifax, one of Canada’s largest credit bureaus, offers you three ways to obtain your credit report:
1. Online. Order your credit report online quickly and easily with a credit card. You will get your report in real time, provided you authenticate yourself. There are three products that you can purchase online:
Equifax Credit Report
A personalized credit report including details on credit cards and loans opened in your name, companies accessing your credit file, delinquent payments and more.
Equifax Score Power™ Credit Score
A personalized credit report as well as your FICO® credit score and analysis. You will receive:
* A full explanation of your score and how lenders view your credit risk.
* Tips on how you can improve your credit score over time.
* Custom graphs showing how you rank nationally among other consumers.
* Specific factors that most heavily affect your credit score.
Click here for the full document